Friday, August 24, 2012

Going Home

Suddenly, I have an idea about a movie. If I have the chance to put it on screen, I'll call it 'Going Home'. But.. It's almost impossible to happen.. LOL..

So, I feel like telling the story here.

The story is about a twenty something soldier who received a release letter and is going home to meet his girlfriend after serving in the warzone for 12 months. On the way to a dispatch camp, the convoy suddenly went under heavy fire and everyone except for our hero survived the attack.

What happens next, is a 24 hours chronology telling us the story from two person's perspective; our hero and his girlfriend.

From our hero's side of the story, we see how he tried to reach the dispatch camp on foot, overcoming several attacks and how he escaped from an enemy camp after a two-hours long dramatic moments when he was captured in one of those attacks.

Near the end of the movie, our hero will be shot and passes out from his injury. From his dream, we will learn more about his relationship with his girlfriend in a 'flashback' manner. Our hero will then wake up in a hospital with his girlfriend at his side. His girlfriend and a visiting General will reveal to him how he survived and got home.

Next? Nothing.. The end.. I know it's not really a nice story. LOL.. I just want to show some human nature in the story. How the hero's diminishing hope to get home to his girlfriend is actually pushing him to go on, how the girlfriend's despair and pain were 'rewarded' with a safe return of the hero and how their own experience on their side of the story affects their relationship in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment