Hah! A blogging marathon I have tonight, two blog post in one night. Let's see.. how about some dreams sharing? I haven't been sharing about my dreams that much recently.
Okay.. I'm gonna share about this Inception-like dream of mine. I have been having this dream before I even watch Inception. And now that I watched Inception, I know how to describe it. Well, I mean name it. It's the Penrose Steps.
If you watched Inception, you must remember Penrose Steps right? Arthur called it paradox and loops. In Inception, dreamer used this paradox design to escape the subject's raging subconscious.
In my dream, the Penrose Steps is different. Well, it's still a loop in which I go round and round in but it's separated into many sections. Some parts are normal stairs, some are eerie (akin to those step Angelica Lee ran down in Re-cycle), some are exquisite, some meet dead ends and some are broken (from where you can look down and see a very deep and dark abyss).
Some of these steps lead to doors. Some of these doors are locked and some are not. If they are not locked, they'll lead to more stairs! I don't know if you get what I meant, but it's like you open an unlocked door, and there, you find yourself standing at the junction of stairs.
I don't know why I always have this recurring dream back when I was a kid. I won't say the dream is sequenced because I am in control of myself, I can pick whichever stairs I want to climb up or down. Yet, the dream itself seems to be set in the same Penrose Steps.
I've been having this dream less and less as I grow up but I do still have it once in a while. Not recently though..
No comments:
Post a Comment