Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Daybreakers

After searching for quite a while, I finally found this film. I don't know if any of you have watched it but as far as I remember, this film never goes into cinemas in Malaysia.

So how do I found out about this movie? Well, trailers from the internet of course. The story? It's about a vampire scientist named Edward who is trying to find a way to produce a substitute for human blood to cater to every vampires' need.

It was never explicitly stated why, but the way Edward tries so hard inevitably makes you wonder why does he care? Because he is worried about turning into Subsiders, the savage monster vampires will turn into if they were deprived of human blood for too long? Nope. Not the case I think because Edward refused to consume human blood although he knows that means he will gradually turn into one.

Also worth noting, Edward helped and saved a group of human from vampire cops although one of them (the female lead) shot him with a bow gun. Realizing that there's a risky way to become human again, he didn't hesitate to turn into his previous mortal self.

Try and get this movie and watch it. I'm suggesting that you turn the volume down when you do because there's a few shocking moments. After you are done, I'm pretty sure you, like myself will see what Edward see. Human is mortal and weak in many ways but it's the value of being 'alive' that matters, even that value will be a short lived one. Watch it guys. Definitely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment