Friday, August 19, 2011

Parenthood

Weird title? No no.. I am not going to be a dad soon. Actually, it's my friends. Celine and Siew Lan. Well, they are happy mums now. I wonder how does being a parent feels like? I bet like everything else, there are two sides to it. Happy? Had to be worried all the time? Yes, that has got to be it.

In fact, both of them chatted with me last night. I gathered them both and placed them into a chat room with me. Guess what? We chatted for quite a while. It's true that when you enjoy something, time flies!

Oh! Did I mention that girls like to 'attack' guys when the feel like it or maybe I should say when they met their assault partner? That's what happened last night!

We started with some introduction because Siew Lan doesn't know Celine and vice versa. Then, main topic. How does it feels like to be a mother? They both seems to tell the same thing. When they knew they were pregnant, there is a sense of excitement. Like a silly guy, I asked "Aren't you two nervous or scared? Uh.. Of the pain of giving birth..". Both laughing, they said they are not until the day comes to give birth. Ya. It should be that way isn't it? It's like facing those year end exams. You're too busy getting excited over the long holiday you'll enjoy that you don't realize there is an exam before that!

Then, Celine said something that started the assault. She said "How about you Louis? You should be married now, have a child and even should be planning for the second one by now". Siew Lan 'nodding', said "Ya lo! You are 28 already eh! What are you waiting for?". I simply said "Uh.. Not ready for parenthood yet la..".

They rest is a long chat (assault). But both of them said I should be a very good dad. Haha.. How do they know? Celine said she still remembers how I took care of Bonny's brother. Then Siew Lan said she is surprised that I knew her son is sick from Hepatitis by just looking at his picture. Eh? His body is somewhat yellow-ish.. Should be easy to guess? Not to say she is not a good mum, but maybe she just didn't notice or didn't know that is in fact a symptom?

Either way, I don't really think I am ready for parenthood yet. Yes, I do want to be but.. There are still much to think about. Better plan carefully first I mean..

No comments:

Post a Comment