Friday, May 21, 2010

Odd One

Probably because I'm way too free today, I began to think. When I drifted a bit into the fantasy land, Final Fantasy VII came up. And yup. People starts to pop into it (myself included). It's ok to dream sometimes right?



Very engaging it is, to imagine I'm Cloud, another guy as Zack, Elise as Aeris and personal fear as Sephiroth. Nice idea huh? Wonder why is the cast arranged so? Read on to grab the idea..

I'm Cloud because I'm left behind just like Cloud, being alone fighting to find himself. And so, Cloud fights Sephiroth more often than anyone else. Zack fought Sephiroth too but he no longer does as he has passed on. So does Aeris. Of course their passing on means death but as we all know, from death, one actually achieved eternity. That's why Zack and Aeris are happily ever after now.

Cloud may be fighting alone physically but he was always watched over by Zack and Aeris. While Cloud was mentally tired at times, Aeris comes to him everytime he needs a hand to pick him up. Remember the scene in Advent Children where Cloud was in Bahamut Sin's flare? Aeris was there, gave him a hand and brought him out to defeat Bahamut Sin. The situation's somewhat similar with mine. True enough, Elise helped me a lot. Her miracle hand (in this case, words) always brings me out of helplessness!

My feeling for Elise is just like Cloud's feelings for Aeris. It's hard to define actually. It's definitely not as deep as love but not as simple as normal friendship. It's like a Mother and son's feeling? Cloud always addresses Aeris as 'Mother'. But Aeris said "I'm too young to have a child this 'big'". Maybe that's one way to describe it but to simply put it, it's a different and special kind of friendship.

As for our Zack here, I've yet to get to know him that much but he's Elise's special someone and that makes him the main character in this story. And if any one of you are going to ask me where's Tifa? The image in this post was taken in Midgar's Church and Tifa's so far away from me. She's in Nibelheim. Been quite a long time since I last 'met' her. But then, if you're asking me who is Tifa, the answer I'll give you will be "Tifa has two personalities. She might be the 'old' (young) Tifa or 'new' (present day) Tifa". Just like the Tifa we know in Final Fantasy VII.

Sephiroth. Everyone's deepest fear. Zack fought him and won to claim his eternity. Needless to say, this is Zack's version of Sephiroth. As for myself, it might not be so soon for me to defeat mine. Aeris is helping Cloud as much as she can just like Elise does for me. She helped me a lot last night and I really appreciate it. I'd really wanna say "Thanks Elise!".

Probably it will be a very long time before I can beat my version of Sephiroth as there's many point in my life where he can come in from. One of these points will be in the middle point of my way to reach my Tifa. This is the hardest one to beat for now but I must win to reach my Tifa whether she's the 'old' or 'new' one.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.. what did i do yesterday that make u soo appreciated? I oso dunnoe :-p

    Take it easy =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.. about i felt guilty for wat i did tat case.. if u din talk wif me, i will still feel so.. haha

    ReplyDelete