Friday, January 6, 2012

Family II

I'm supposed to be very busy today but I am not. That's how people get to sit down and talk. Traded some SMS with a friend today. The good reason to drop an old friend you can hardly meet and never talked to in years, some SMS? Personal problems.

I am not in a good condition to give people advice nowadays because I am not in a good state myself. But I tried to at least hear him out. As I did, I found out a few things. I rounded them up and I finally found a good advice for him.

What is for you, the most important thing in your life? When people ask you that, you tend to stop for a second and think. Do you know why do we have to think and not give that person asking us a direct answer? Yup. We never really think about it.

If you have been reading my last two post, you'll realize that for me, now, the most important thing in my life is my family. My 'mei' too. All of a sudden, family became that important for me? Shouldn't it be a lover? I mean I have been talking about Suzanne a lot didn't I? Yes, lover is important. They are what completes you. That's why you don't feel lonely when they are around. Back to the question, family didn't become important for me, suddenly. It has always been important for me. But something happened lately. It made me treasure family more than ever.

A week ago, one of my uncle's client met a traffic accident. She survived the accident, although not without a scratch. She woke up from a coma, lost her memories, and was seriously injured. Slight movement causes her excruciating pain and bleeding. However, she is getting better and her memory is coming back, which is the good part. Bad part? Her husband died.

Everyone (her neighbors) was worried and wonder how to reveal her husband's death to her. Of course. In her condition, how can she handle such shocking news? Eventually though, she had to know and someone has to tell her. When she got home, her cousin revealed that news to her. She broke down.

So, what do you think? Did she break down because of her own pain? Yes indeed but not the physical pain. It's there in you now is it? The idea? How important family is? You might lose them anytime, any moment. I don't hope you'll have to wake up from a coma but it's not only from coma. One day, you may wake up from a good night sleep only to get a news just as shocking. Losing a family member.

It happened many times before. I came back from school one day, and found out my father passed away. I came back from school, and found out my grandpa and grandma is rushing to visit a relative who fell from a lorry, one last time. These two are merely a few out of many others. I just couldn't remember them all. But all these bad news only lead to one reminder that rhymes with "Love your family".

Family, family, family. Sure, this applies to your lover as well. I didn't mean to say you should love your family more than you do for your lover. Just love them equally as much because they are your loved ones. They should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment